Conor McGregor pulled from UFC 200

UFC President Dana White said Tuesday his company has pulled Conor McGregor off the main event of the marquee UFC 200 card July 9 in Las Vegas for not fulfilling duties to the company that were required this week.

"He's chose to retire young which means like 34".

White went on to say the UFC still has a "good relationship" with McGregor (19-3) and that he "respects Conor as a fighter" but added that promotional obligations are mandatory.

Instead, White claimed that the 27-year-old had been pulled for refusing to fly to Las Vegas to fulfill promotional duties for the event. McGregor attended the fight.

Other UFC fighters later joked on Twitter that they also would retire.

But in the last few weeks there have been a lot of odd turns in the life of Conor McGregor. He said he could not speak on McGregor's future, other than his status at UFC 200. "Only he can answer that question", White told ESPN.

Although McGregor said immediately after the loss that he would probably return to featherweight, he decided instead to take a rematch with Diaz, the entertaining veteran.

According to McGregor's social media accounts, the fighter, known as "The Notorious", is now training in Iceland.

It was McGregor's first loss in the UFC when he was choked into submission.

Conor McGregor's UFC coach, John Kavanagh, had a tweet of his own earlier in the day, seemingly matching his UFC protégé's sentiments. I guarantee you Georges St.-Pierre's phone is blowing up right now and he's getting a big offer. But you can't decide to not show up for this things. You have to do it. We were in constant communication back and forth between his manager and myself. Odds are, McGregor could just want more money and stir retirement speculation as an MMA version of a contract holdout. The Aldo fight might have been his most impressive as he set a UFC title-match record by knocking Aldo out cold in just 13 seconds at UFC 194 in December.

Related News: